- 2 packages (1/4 ounce each) active dry yeast
- 1-1/4 cups warm orange juice (110° to 115°), divided
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 3 to 4 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup raisins
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons water
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in 3/4 cup warm orange juice. Add the butter, sugar, eggs, orange zest, salt, cinnamon, raisins, remaining orange juice and 3 cups flour. Beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; turn onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 22 pieces; shape each into a ball. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Using a sharp knife, cut a cross on the top of each ball. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- In a small heavy-duty resealable plastic bag, combine glaze ingredients until smooth. Cut a small hole in a corner of bag; pipe a cross on each bun.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 237 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 40mg cholesterol, 106mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.