Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makesabout 4 dozen
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausages
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add sausages; stir to coat.
- Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly, stirring three times.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested in a 1,100-watt microwave.
Nutrition Facts5 piece: 236 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jan 9, 2019
I get asked to bring these to family gatherings and for football parties. Even if you double the pack and use 2 packs of smokies, you don't need to double to sauce. It yields a lot of glaze. Always a big hit though!
Nov 1, 2015
Loved the citrus flavor and simplicity. Next time will only make about 1/2 sauce for 1 lb of smokies.
Apr 30, 2014
Good flavor! Alot of sauce, and a bit runny... I used 2 pounds sausages for the amount of sauce in one recipe. I added tsp. grated orange peel for more flavor. I thickened the sauce with cornstarch mixed in a little cold water. I made this recipe in a crock pot. Added the cornstarch mixture to the sausages about 30 minutes before serving time, stirring into the sauce. The thicker sauce clung to the sausages better, giving more flavor in each bite. Very good! Will make again!!
Jul 12, 2008
make these a few times ... very good. great for football parties.