- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup thawed orange juice concentrate
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature smoked sausages
- 1. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add sausages; stir to coat.
- 2. Cover and microwave on high for 3-4 minutes or until bubbly, stirring three times.
5 piece: 236 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 506mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Jan 9, 2019I get asked to bring these to family gatherings and for football parties. Even if you double the pack and use 2 packs of smokies, you don't need to double to sauce. It yields a lot of glaze. Always a big hit though!
Nov 1, 2015
Loved the citrus flavor and simplicity. Next time will only make about 1/2 sauce for 1 lb of smokies.
Dec 31, 1969
Good flavor! Alot of sauce, and a bit runny... I used 2 pounds sausages for the amount of sauce in one recipe. I added tsp. grated orange peel for more flavor. I thickened the sauce with cornstarch mixed in a little cold water. I made this recipe in a crock pot. Added the cornstarch mixture to the sausages about 30 minutes before serving time, stirring into the sauce. The thicker sauce clung to the sausages better, giving more flavor in each bite. Very good! Will make again!!
Sep 1, 2007
make these a few times ... very good. great for football parties.