Orange Bliss Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Mini chocolate chips and sliced orange wedges, optional
- Combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- In a saucepan, combine orange juice and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy; gradually add gelatin mixture. Beat on low until well mixed. Chill until partially set, about 3 minutes (watch carefully-mixture will set up quickly).
- Gently fold in whipped cream and orange zest. Spoon into the crust. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Just before serving, run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with chocolate chips and oranges if desired.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 28, 2010
I've made this a couple of times and then lot the recipe, but remembered the name. It's very good and the folks who tried it enjoyed it very much. A nice Spring/Summer treat.