Orange Bliss Cheesecake
Total TimePrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Mini chocolate chips and sliced orange wedges, optional
- Combine crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool.
- In a saucepan, combine orange juice and gelatin; let stand for 5 minutes. Cook and stir over low heat until gelatin is dissolved. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy; gradually add gelatin mixture. Beat on low until well mixed. Chill until partially set, about 3 minutes (watch carefully-mixture will set up quickly).
- Gently fold in whipped cream and orange zest. Spoon into the crust. Chill for 6 hours or overnight. Just before serving, run a knife around edge of pan to loosen. Remove sides of pan. Garnish with chocolate chips and oranges if desired.
May 28, 2010
I've made this a couple of times and then lot the recipe, but remembered the name. It's very good and the folks who tried it enjoyed it very much. A nice Spring/Summer treat.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.