Mandarin Orange Cream Pie
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 1 package (3 ounces) orange or sparkling mandarin orange gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1-1/4 cups cold club soda
- 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1/2 cup whipped topping
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, well drained
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in soda. Set aside 1/2 cup at room temperature. Refrigerate remaining gelatin mixture for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened; pour into crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
- Whisk whipped topping into reserved gelatin mixture. Slowly pour into crust. Arrange orange segments over the top and press down lightly. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours or until firm.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 180 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 156mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 29, 2013
I happened to have almost all the ingredients on hand for this dessert and needed something easy to fix for our Sunday dinner, so I gave this pie a try. It went together easily and fills a store bought graham cracker crust perfectly. This was an easy recipe that was cool and refreshing. Perfect for summer.