- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2 cups warm 2% milk (110° to 115°)
- 3 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 6 to 6-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in water. Add the milk, onion, mustard, oil, sugar, salt and 4 cups flour; beat until smooth. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough.
- Turn out onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down; divide into 24 pieces. Flatten each piece into a 3-in. circle. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews forOnion Mustard Buns
"nice texture and color but just not for me."
"These are especially good with ham."