- 1-1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup white baking chips
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS:
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pulse oats in a food processor until finely ground; set aside. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a 1-qt. glass jar, layer oats, flour mixture, chips, almonds, coconut, brown sugar and granulated sugar, packing well between each layer. Cover and store in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 1 batch (about 4 cups total).
- To prepare cookies: Preheat oven to 375°. Cream butter until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add cookie mixture; blend well (mixture will be dry). Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake until lightly browned, 10-15 minutes. Cool 2 minutes before removing to wire racks. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Reviews forOatmeal Chip Cookie Mix
"I just made this recipe for a HOA BBQ today and everyone loved them. I'm glad I cut the chocolate chips to 1/2 a cup."
"It doesn't say that you have to wait 6 months. It says that the mix will keep for 6 months."
"Is there any way to make this recipe without having to wait 6 months? My aunt had an oatmeal cookie recipe that involved mixing some of the ingredients and waiting about 6 hours for it to soften. Why does this recipe indicate that you must wait for 6 months?"