New York State Apple Muffins
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3 ounces cream cheese, cut into 1/4-inch cubes and softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups chopped peeled apples
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. Combine the eggs, butter, cream cheese and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened (batter will be stiff). Fold in the apples, raisins and walnuts. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Combine the topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 212 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 226mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Oct 5, 2012
These are the best muffins ever. My family and friends love them and can never get enough. These are the only muffins I make.
Jan 11, 2012
Absolutley wonderful..I omitted the raisins but otherwise followed the directions perfectly and they came out delicious.Yumm!!
Nov 21, 2011
Wonderful!! Left out the walnuts and raisins for personal preference, but still moist and yummy!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.