VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 3-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (9 ounces) yellow or white cake mix
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Melted butter or margarine
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Beat in the flour, dry cake mix and salt (do not knead). Place in a greased bowl. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour. Punch dough down; divide in half. Roll each portion into a 12-in. circle; cut each circle into 12 wedges. Roll up, beginning at the wide end; place point side down on greased baking sheets. Brush with butter. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 25 minutes. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Never-Fail Yeast Rolls in Taste of Home December/January 2000, p14
Reviews forNever-Fail Yeast Rolls
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 25, 2011
"Meant to give these 5 stars!!!"