- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1-1/3 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped celery leaves
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 6 bone-in chicken breast halves
- In a saucepan, saute mushrooms, rice, onion and celery leaves in butter until onion is tender. Add water and seasonings; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in pecans. Stuff 1/2 cup of rice mixture under the skin of each breast. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1-1/2 hours or until juices run clear. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMushroom-Rice Stuffed Chicken Breasts
"This is a delicious recipe. It's easy enough for everyday and elegant enough to serve guests."
"I like "stuffed" recipes, and this one not only is very tasty but the stuffing goes easily under the skin of the chichen breasts. A really nice entree for company or when you feel like treating your family. I spooned the extra stuffing around the breasts and baked it covered for 30-35 min, then uncoverd for the last half hour."