- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 3/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Wrap a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square) around a greased 9-in. springform pan. Mix cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- To prepare filling, microwave chocolate chips on high until melted, about 1 minute. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour; mix well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low just until blended. Measure out 2 cups batter, and stir in coffee liqueur; add melted chocolate chips and stir until blended. Pour over crust. Add Irish cream liqueur to remaining batter; spoon over chocolate layer. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 60-75 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For ganache, microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream on high until chips melt; cool slightly. Remove rim from pan; spread ganache on chilled cheesecake. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forMudslide Cheesecake
"So rich, so good!!! Added this one to my recipe box."
"This was amazing! We did not find the liqueur taste to be overwhelming at all. I would actually like a little more of the coffee liqueur taste in that layer. I will be making this again despite the amount of time it takes to make it."
"Everyone loved this recipe. Be forewarned, however, as I found the liqueur taste to be very, very strong. Thanks for the recipe!"