- 1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons coffee liqueur
- 3/4 cup Irish cream liqueur
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 325°. Wrap a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. square) around a greased 9-in. springform pan. Mix cookie crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- To prepare filling, microwave chocolate chips on high until melted, about 1 minute. Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add flour; mix well. Add eggs and vanilla; beat on low just until blended. Measure out 2 cups batter, and stir in coffee liqueur; add melted chocolate chips and stir until blended. Pour over crust. Add Irish cream liqueur to remaining batter; spoon over chocolate layer. Place springform pan in a larger baking pan; add 1 in. of hot water to larger pan.
- Bake until center is just set and top appears dull, 60-75 minutes. Remove springform pan from water bath. Cool cheesecake on a wire rack 10 minutes. Loosen sides from pan with a knife; remove foil. Cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight, covering when completely cooled.
- For ganache, microwave chocolate chips and whipping cream on high until chips melt; cool slightly. Remove rim from pan; spread ganache on chilled cheesecake. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forMudslide Cheesecake
"This was wonderful. Took to a St Pat's party and everyone kept saying it tasted like something from Cheesescake Factory. I did cut back on the Baileys a little, but that was the only change. easy to make."
"I made this to take to a party and was asked to make it again for the next one!"
"So rich, so good!!! Added this one to my recipe box."
"This was amazing! We did not find the liqueur taste to be overwhelming at all. I would actually like a little more of the coffee liqueur taste in that layer. I will be making this again despite the amount of time it takes to make it."
"Everyone loved this recipe. Be forewarned, however, as I found the liqueur taste to be very, very strong. Thanks for the recipe!"