- 2 cups cauliflowerets
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 2-inch julienned strips
- 1 medium onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive or canola oil
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans or chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute the cauliflower, carrots and onion in oil for 10 minutes. Add the zucchini, water, cumin, salt, coriander, cinnamon, cayenne and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in garbanzo beans and tomatoes; simmer 5 minutes longer. Serve over rice if desired. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews forMoroccan Stew
"I have made this dish 100 by now, I do change up things here and there, but just love all the flavors!!!"
"WOULD GIVE IT A TRY"
"Delicious, healthy, and simple. I love Lebanese food, and this has a similar flavoring."