- 1 large egg white, lightly beaten
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- Brush egg white over pastry shell; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle two-thirds into pastry; top with peaches. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peaches are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMom's Peach Pie
"For those who are asking how many peaches equals 6 cups, it would be 9 medium whole peaches."
"About how many peaches, or how many pounds of peaches, equals 6 cups???"
"This pie is really good. There were no fresh peaches in the store I was in so I used canned peaches instead. I added a little bit of cinnamon in the flour mix. I think the next time I will use a glass pie plate. I also won't use an unbaked pastry shell. Maybe crushed graham crackers on the bottom of the glass pie plate."
"A Peachy winner. No lack of fruit in this one ! I cannot wait to try it using other fruits. I added some cinnamon and chopped pecans to the top. bake time is right on. I used a 9" glass pie plate. Next time I will use a deep dish pie plate. I had to back away from some of the topping . The pie just ran out of room.. This is a well earned 5 fork rating. Thanks Sally for sharing your Mom's recipe * We loved it.JanieTaste of Home Volunteer Field Editor."
"Made this today; blended just a pinch of cinnamon and nutmeg into the flour before mixing w/sugars. Wow, a very delicious, fresh peach pie. This recipe is a "keeper", for sure!"