- 1 egg white
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chilled butter or margarine, cut into 6 pieces
- 6 cups sliced peeled fresh peaches
- Beat egg white until foamy; brush over the bottom and sides of the pastry. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugars; cut in butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Sprinkle two-thirds into the bottom of pastry; top with peaches. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 375° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and peaches are tender. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews forMom's Peach Pie
"I have made this pie several times and it's so delicious! Everyone loves it and the recipe has been shared many times."
"easy, and so good with a scoop of ice cream! Even my picky son had a slice."
"Delicious!! I also added a touch of cinnamon and nutmeg to the topping, simply a personal taste. The purpose of the egg white wash on the bottom crust is to prevent a soggy crust when you use fruit fillings. A lot of people don't understand why that was added, and that's the reason. Very nice, simple and delicious pie recipe. Thank you for sharing."
"For those who are asking how many peaches equals 6 cups, it would be 9 medium whole peaches."