Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound dark chocolate or white candy coating, melted
- Assorted sprinkles
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and extracts. Combine flour, cocoa, cornstarch and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into two 1-1/2-in. diameter rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Freeze 2 hours or until firm.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- Dip cookies in candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper. Decorate as desired with sprinkles to resemble wreaths; let stand until set.
1 cookie (calculated without sprinkles): 92 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 37mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.