Delicate Mint Thins
Newly married, I needed something fancy to impress my relatives at a reunion and came up with these cookies. I got many compliments on their subtle flavor.—Kristine McDaniel, Kettering, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min. + cooling
Makesabout 4-1/2 dozen
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh mint, finely chopped
- 1-2/3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Stir in mint. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes or until edges are golden. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip each cookie halfway; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 64 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.