Microwave Classic Chili
For several years I taught a microwave cooking class sponsored by a local department store. Class participants raced about this recipe the most and were amazed it takes less that 20 minutes to cook! - Joanna Johnson, Vestal, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crumble the beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Add onion; mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, chili powder and mustard; mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 6-1/2 minutes. Add beans and mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes longer. Add salt and pepper.