Microwave Classic Chili
For several years I taught a microwave cooking class sponsored by a local department store. Class participants raced about this recipe the most and were amazed it takes less that 20 minutes to cook! - Joanna Johnson, Vestal, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) stewed tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Crumble the beef into a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Add onion; mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, chili powder and mustard; mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 6-1/2 minutes. Add beans and mix well. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes longer. Add salt and pepper.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 247 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 5g fiber), 21g protein.
Originally published as Microwave Classic Chili in Taste of Home Ground Beef Cookbook-Book
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.