- 1 package (6.4 ounces) Mexican-style rice and pasta mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes with onions, undrained
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- In a large skillet, cook and stir rice and pasta mix in butter until lightly browned, about 5 minutes. Add the water, tomatoes and contents of rice seasoning packet. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add chicken and jalapeno. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forMexican Rice with Chicken
"In response to SHOK, I don't think water is counted as an ingredient."
"Another recipe advertised as "5-ingredients" in a line-up with chicken recipes like that, and there are 6! Can no one count anymore when they list these things?! I'm sure it's good which is why the 5-star rating, but I am confused with the advertising of 5!"
"Sounds good. But I can't find one that has Mexican rice and pasta in it like abusymom says. What is it called?"
"This recipe was surprisingly good for how easy it was to make; however, I think it was lacking something. I think some green peppers would be a nice addition. This would also be good inside a flour tortilla."
"I don't consider a dish made from a commercial mix a recipe. Never as healthy as made from scratch, and Mexican rice from scratch is simple to make. but I do like another reviewers hint to use the leftovers in a taco shell with taco trimmings."
"mindysmama: Rice-a-Roni makes both a Mexican style and Spanish style rice/pasta mix. Here is a link to the company information: http://www.ricearoni.com/Products/Rice-A-Roni/Classic_Favorites/Mexican_Style Hope this helps! I've used it for years and it's really good, as is this recipe!"
"No thanks, just a prepackaged side dish loaded with salt an preservatives. Make something from scratch so you can decide what goes in or not."