Meaty Chili Lasagna
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 12 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 to 3 jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 4 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, peppers and chili powder. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain. Add the soup, corn, tomato sauce, tomato paste and olives; simmer until heated through.
- Drain noodles. Spread 1/2 cup meat sauce in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Layer with four noodles, half of the remaining sauce and a third of the cheese. Repeat layers once. Top with remaining noodles and cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 405 calories, 21g fat (12g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 597mg sodium, 29g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 25g protein.
Mar 5, 2017
Really good recipe. I substituted medium salsa for the tomato sauce to give it a little more kick. Although we love cheese, we reduced the amount to about 3 cups. Finally, the no-boil lasagna noodles work just fine in this recipe as long as the entire surface of the noodles is covered by sauce.
Feb 24, 2011
This is ridiculously delicious....also pretty rich, but I find it impossible to leave it alone when I make it. I did cut down on the cheese once, from 4 c. to 3 c. to try and reduce the calories a bit, but all that cheese on it is soooo good. This is one of my most cherished recipes, and anyone I've ever served it to loves it.