Chunky Vegetarian Chili
This robust chili teams rice and kidney and pinto beans with a variety of colorful vegetables for a hearty meatless meal that's great tasting and good for you.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
Makes11 servings (2-3/4 quarts)
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a Dutch oven, saute green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until rice is cooked, stirring occasionally, 25-30 minutes. If thinner chili is desired, add more water.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 196 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 424mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 6g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch.
May 7, 2015
Dec 20, 2013
super easy to put together for a quick meal and very delicious and hearty. Great for a cold winter day!!!
Feb 9, 2010
This is very delicious meatless chili. It is nice and thick, hearty and totally satisfying.