Chunky Vegetarian Chili
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Mexican-style stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (11 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- In a Dutch oven, saute green pepper, onion and garlic in oil until tender. Stir in all remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is cooked, stirring occasionally. If thinner chili is desired, add additional water.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 191 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 616mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 vegetable.
May 7, 2015
Dec 20, 2013
super easy to put together for a quick meal and very delicious and hearty. Great for a cold winter day!!!
Feb 9, 2010
This is very delicious meatless chili. It is nice and thick, hearty and totally satisfying.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.