Chunky Chipotle Pork Chili
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min.
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (16 ounces) red beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 cups cubed cooked pork
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- In a large saucepan, saute the green pepper, onion and chipotle pepper in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add the beans, broth, salsa, cumin and chili powder. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Add pork; heat through. Serve with sour cream. Freeze option: Cool chili and transfer to freezer containers. Freeze up to 3 months. To use, thaw in the refrigerator. Transfer to a large saucepan; heat through, adding water to thin if desired. Serve with sour cream.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 340 calories, 14g fat (4g saturated fat), 73mg cholesterol, 834mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 7g fiber), 27g protein.
Oct 17, 2017
I loved this chili! It is more of a hearty chili. Very flavorful and comes together quickly on a cold weekday night. We added an extra 1/2 cup of broth but could have easily added another cup. My husband like to serve his chili over rice so the meatiness worked out well. Spice level was good with the 1 decent size pepper.
May 3, 2017
I made this for 2 of us and it only made enough for 3 for dinners. Very good and had a good kick from the spices and chipotles. It didn't have enough liquid but you can add. Per the photo...didn't look anything alike. It says 'chop' not chunks in the directions.
Oct 16, 2014
I tried to really rate this but was unable to do so--too hot to be comfortable to eat
Jan 1, 2013
Jan 1, 2013
WONDERFUL!! It put this in the crock pot.
Feb 5, 2012
Had this for dinner tonight. It was delicious. I didn't have leftover pork so used pork cubed steak, cut into small pieces. I dredged the pieces in flour and browned the meat before adding to the rest of the ingredients. I had 12 oz of meat which seemed like a lot so I added the whole can of beef broth and a can of black beans. Added cilantro and shredded cheese instead of sour cream. I could have eaten the whole pot myself.
Feb 1, 2012
This looks awesome!
Nov 4, 2011
Just finished off the pot..amazing! You might want to double this recipe! We added a few more chipotle peppers since our family likes it hot!
Sep 19, 2010
Great again! this time I did make it with pork- packaged them up individual servings to send to work with my hubby- who says I am the best cook!
Feb 10, 2010
Quick and GOOD! Can use any meat and any extras you like and it is still great. Do not think I could do the whole can of chipolte though! Hubby could live through it and love it!! Thanks for the fantastic recipe.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.