- 4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 8 medium)
- 3/4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, divided
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup apple cider or juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes lengthwise in half; cut crosswise into 1/2-in. slices. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Add 1/2 cup walnuts, brown sugar, cherries, syrup, cider and salt; toss to combine.
- Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with remaining walnuts. Yield: 12 servings (3/4 cup each).
Reviews forMaple-Walnut Sweet Potatoes
"Excellent - made with pecans instead of walnuts - used honey crisp cider and amber maple syrup . Turned out excellent! Will make again for sure ."
"Excellent - made with pecans instead of walnuts - used apple crisp cider and amber maple syrup . Turned out excellent! Will make again for sure ."
"I will switch out the walnuts for pecans. I am deathly allergic to Walnuts. Pecans are a great replacement and they will compliment this dish"
"This is amazing! Had dinner with friends and one of us has food issues with butter, corn syrup and gluten. Found this recipe, made and took it to the dinner. It was a hit! One guy told me he didn't especially like sweet potatoes, but liked these enough to have two helpings. Definitely making this again! Thank you!"