Maple Cran-Apple Breakfast Pizza
When hosting overnight guests, I like to start their day with a giant surprise – a breakfast pizza with apples, sausage and cranberries. Bye-bye, ho-hum morning. —Marybeth Mank, Mesquite, TX
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 5 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium tart apple, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 fully cooked apple chicken sausage links, thinly sliced (about 9 ounces)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 400°. Grease a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; sprinkle with cornmeal. Unroll and press dough onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of prepared pan. Brush dough with 2 tablespoons maple syrup. Bake 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
- In a small nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Pour in eggs; cook and stir until eggs are thickened and no liquid egg remains. Spoon onto crust.
- Toss apple slices with lemon juice. Top pizza with apple, cheese, sausage and cranberries. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Drizzle with remaining syrup.