Brat & Bacon Appetizer Pizza
Brats and bacon on pizza are a tasty beginning, but I jazz them up with apricot preserves and honey mustard. These cheesy bites please my toughest critics. —Colleen Vrooman, Waukesha, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tube (11 ounces) refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 4 maple-flavored bacon strips, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 fully cooked beer bratwurst links, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 2 teaspoons honey mustard
- 2 cups shredded white or yellow cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. Unroll and press dough onto bottom and 1/2 in. up sides of a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove with a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings.
- Add bratwurst to same pan; cook and stir until browned, 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix preserves and mustard. Spread over crust; top with bratwurst, bacon mixture and cheese. Bake until cheese is melted, 8-10 minutes.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 124 calories, 7g fat (3g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 229mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Brat,Bacon and Onion Appetizer Pizza in Simple & Delicious December/January 2015