Makeover Garlic Spinach Balls
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups crushed seasoned stuffing
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 3/4 cup egg substitute
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- In a large bowl, combine the first 11 ingredients. Stir in spinach until blended. Roll into 1-in. balls.
- Place in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 55 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 146mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Aug 3, 2012
Wonderful, but bake on parchment paper so that they don't stick
Mar 28, 2011
These balls are so quick and easy, not to mention delicious. I have made them twice and have shared the recipe with a couple of small groups I am in. I am taking them with me tonight to my small group at church. We are on the Daniel Plan nutritional program and this is perfect.
Feb 11, 2010
i made them for New Years and they were so darn easy and good that we had to have them for Super Bowl
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.