- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups shredded peeled zucchini
- In a large bowl, beat the sugar, eggs, applesauce, oil and vanilla until well blended. Combine the flours, cocoa, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and baking powder; gradually beat into sugar mixture until blended. Stir in zucchini. Transfer to two 8x4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 2 loaves (12 slices each).
Reviews forMakeover Chocolate Zucchini Bread
"Moist, delishious, and not too sweet. This makes 2 beautiful loaves. I added 1cup of chopped walnuts at the end. Love. Thank you!"
"I made other changes and they are fabulous. I substituted pumpkin for applesauce and olive oil for canola. I also added 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne and 1 teaspoon of black pepper. I only have part of a loaf left because my friends took the rest!"
"Amazing flavor and very moist! My family requests this quite often."
"Very tasty and moist."
"I loved it! easy and so good . just used regular flour and used vanilla yogurt instead of oil and it turned out so good! Defiantly writing this one down!"
"great way to use zucchini from the garden. Its fluffy and delicious and freezes great. easy snack throughout the year to pull out of the freezer, would def recommend!!"
"I have made this recipe several times since finding it on ToH a month ago. It is delicious! Even my husband devours it and several friends have asked for the recipe - especially after learning that it is a healthier version. Loaves also freeze nicely for last minute gifts."
"There was NO WAY 1 cup of flour was gonna make it. Way too much liquid between applesauce, oil and juice of zucchini, soooo I upped it to 1 3/4 Cups of All Purpose Flour. Came out fine!!!"