- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken or beef
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried beans
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 envelope burrito seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 16 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into 5-inch x 1/2-in. strips
- In a large skillet, combine the meat, salsa, beans, chilies, seasoning and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup off-center on each tortilla; top with a cheese strip. Fold edge of tortilla nearest filling over to cover. Fold ends of tortilla over filling and roll up. Wrap individually in aluminum foil. Freeze for up to 2 months.
- To use frozen burritos: Place foil packets on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 50 minutes or until heated through. If thawed, bake for 25-30 minutes. Yield: 16 burritos.
Reviews forMake-Ahead Burritos
"Very appealing recipe. The burrito mix is delicious and makes enough to feed a family. It's got a kick, even with the mild salsa that I used!"
"So easy, makes a lot, and very yummy!"
"Simple, cheap, and good! I omitted the burrito seasoning and chilies, just using chicken, salsa, and beans."
"these were great to be able to take out quickly when you need them!"