- 1 package (7-1/4 ounces) macaroni and cheese dinner mix
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Ground Mild Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Prepare macaroni and cheese according to package directions; stir in eggs. Spread onto a greased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until a thermometer reads 160°.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato sauce, basil and oregano. Spread over macaroni mixture. Layer with sausage mixture, mushrooms and cheese. Bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forMacaroni & Cheese Pizza
"Kids loved! Fun. Must admit. I cheated and skipped sausage prep. Used pepperoni instead. Next time may try salsa and pepper jack cheese."
"I was a little hesitant to make this(especially when I saw my husbands face after I told him about the recipe). But the kids (2 and 4) really liked it and my husband did eat 2 pieces too. I will only make it again for a kids party or something..not really an adult dish. I didnt add the onion cause my daughter doesnt like them, or the sausage but only because I dropped the whole plate of it on the floor:((."
"good, casual eating fun. can be tweaked with other fave ingredients (olives,peppers). made me wish the kids were still at home."
"My son LOVES Mac and Cheese. I made this for him and he loved it! As a tip: depending on the italian sausage it could get a little spicy for children, so you could use ground up pork or ground up hamburger and add italian seasonings instead."