My husband invented this twist on a bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich. I like to make it with eight slices of bacon, and sometimes add gorgonzola cheese to the avocado spread. —Lori Grant, Kingsport, Tennessee
Recommended: 32 Addicting Avocado Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 small ripe avocado, peeled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 4 slices Italian bread, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 4 tomato slices
- 4 thick-sliced applewood smoked bacon strips, cooked
- Mash avocado with a fork; stir in mayonnaise and lemon juice. Gently stir in cheese.
- Spread over toasts. Top two of the slices with spinach, tomato, bacon and remaining slices of toast. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Loaded Avocado BLT in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017