Light & Creamy Chocolate Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small heavy saucepan, mix cornstarch, sugar, cocoa and salt. Whisk in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to dessert dishes. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until cold.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 127 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 20, 2018
I totally agree with my fellow VFE this pudding is delicious. Its also super easy and quick to make. I used Evaporated milk as that is what I had on hand. It has lesser fat then regular and it really makes puddings slightly richer in taste. After a week of healthy eating I like to reward my Hubby with a nice little treat and this one did Just That ! This made 2 very generous bowls of lovey chocolate wonderfulness. I topped ours with a little bit of Toffee bits .TOH VFE
Jun 12, 2018
I prepared this pudding today and it is delicious. I followed the instructions but could not find any chocolate soy milk so I used low fat chocolate milk and it worked just fine. This is not an overly sweet pudding so if you like your pudding sweeter, you may want to add a little more sugar. However, it is creamy and delicious. We will be having this pudding again.Volunteer Field Editor