Light & Creamy Chocolate Pudding
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chocolate soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small heavy saucepan, mix cornstarch, sugar, cocoa and salt. Whisk in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Reduce heat to low; cook and stir 2 minutes longer.
- Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla. Cool 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to dessert dishes. Refrigerate, covered, 30 minutes or until cold.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 127 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 112mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch.
Jun 20, 2018
I totally agree with my fellow VFE this pudding is delicious. Its also super easy and quick to make. I used Evaporated milk as that is what I had on hand. It has lesser fat then regular and it really makes puddings slightly richer in taste. After a week of healthy eating I like to reward my Hubby with a nice little treat and this one did Just That ! This made 2 very generous bowls of lovey chocolate wonderfulness. I topped ours with a little bit of Toffee bits .TOH VFE
Jun 12, 2018
I prepared this pudding today and it is delicious. I followed the instructions but could not find any chocolate soy milk so I used low fat chocolate milk and it worked just fine. This is not an overly sweet pudding so if you like your pudding sweeter, you may want to add a little more sugar. However, it is creamy and delicious. We will be having this pudding again.Volunteer Field Editor
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.