Lemon & Rosemary Butter Cookies
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 15 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest, divided
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 large egg yolks, room temperature
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon lemon zest. In a large bowl, beat butter and remaining sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolks, rosemary and remaining lemon zest. In another bowl, whisk flour, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into creamed mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-1/4-in. balls; roll in sugar mixture. Place 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with bottom of a glass. Sprinkle tops of cookies with remaining sugar mixture. Bake 12-15 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on pans 2 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Freeze option: Freeze shaped balls of dough on baking sheets until firm. Transfer to resealable plastic freezer bags; return to freezer. Prepare and bake cookies as directed.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 20, 2019
These were quite good, but I rated 4 stars because the recipe instructions indicate that there is salt to be added with the flour and baking soda, but there is no salt listed in the ingredients. I added 1/4 tsp, and they were delicious.
Nov 11, 2016
These cookies are delicious. Not too sweet and bake up nice and crunchy. I will definitely add these to my Christmas cookie give away.