Lemon Cornmeal Cookies
Anything lemon makes my day brighter and these soft cookies have a fabulous lemon aroma and a subtle lemon flavor. —Theresa Miller, Sault S Marie, Michigan
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, lemon juice, zest and poppy seeds. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, ginger and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; flatten slightly with a glass. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 199 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 24mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (16g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Lemon Cream Corn Cookies in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America RTL 2013