Lemon-Lime Butter Cookies
I was looking for a light cookie that would freeze and travel well and couldn't find one, so I created these. They are so good you won't be able to eat just one.—Brenda Brooks, Bowie, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in citrus zest and lemon juice. Gradually beat in flour.
- Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 16-19 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Originally published as lemon&lime Crisps in Cookies & Candies 2014 Bookazine
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.