Lemon-Lime Butter Cookies
I was looking for a light cookie that would freeze and travel well and couldn't find one, so I created these. They are so good you won't be able to eat just one.—Brenda Brooks, Bowie, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons grated lime zest
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a small bowl, beat butter and confectioners' sugar until blended. Beat in citrus zest and lemon juice. Gradually beat in flour.
- Shape into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 325°. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 16-19 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.