Soft Lemon-Ginger Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, ginger and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 218 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Mar 29, 2013
When my brother tried these after I made them he said he would get up in the middle of the night to sneak some. ;) They sure were gone too, so think all m brothers took more than their share. ;)
May 31, 2012
I made these last week for Open Doors Ontario at our little county Church. They were a real hit and lots asked for the receipe. Easy and a really good soft cookie
Mar 3, 2009
Great flavor. Soft, mild, sweet. Comforting. Makes me think of something my Aunt would make. And I agree, great with tea!
Feb 2, 2008
I am glad you all liked them they are on my list for soon. I was wondering how good they are Thanks
Feb 2, 2008
Very good, delicate flavor. Great with a cup of tea on a rainy aftenoon!
Jan 29, 2008
These cookies are excellent! Great lemon flavor and just the right touch of ginger. Everyone I gave one to liked it. I got 3 dozen.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.