Soft Lemon-Ginger Cookies
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, sour cream and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, ginger and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Immediately remove to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 218 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 246mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Mar 29, 2013
When my brother tried these after I made them he said he would get up in the middle of the night to sneak some. ;) They sure were gone too, so think all m brothers took more than their share. ;)
May 31, 2012
I made these last week for Open Doors Ontario at our little county Church. They were a real hit and lots asked for the receipe. Easy and a really good soft cookie
Mar 3, 2009
Great flavor. Soft, mild, sweet. Comforting. Makes me think of something my Aunt would make. And I agree, great with tea!
Feb 2, 2008
I am glad you all liked them they are on my list for soon. I was wondering how good they are Thanks
Feb 2, 2008
Very good, delicate flavor. Great with a cup of tea on a rainy aftenoon!
Jan 29, 2008
These cookies are excellent! Great lemon flavor and just the right touch of ginger. Everyone I gave one to liked it. I got 3 dozen.