Lemon Pull-Apart Coffee Cake
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Separate biscuits and cut each into quarters; toss with sugar mixture. Arrange in a greased 9-in. round baking pan.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately invert onto a wire rack. In a small bowl, mix confectioners' sugar and lemon juice until smooth; drizzle over coffee cake. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts4 pieces : 175 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 315mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein.
Sep 2, 2011
This is so good!! I don't always use the lemon peel. I want to try this with orange.
Jan 21, 2011
Quick, easy and umm so good! I may try this next time without the lemon peel and use almond extract & water in the icing rather than lemon juice for a different twist!
Feb 7, 2010
Even better than you think it would be! So easy. It tasted fresh and bright with the fresh lemon. I love using walnuts for the omego 3 benefit. I used a smaller can of biscuits and reduced the other ingredients to reflect that. We are still nibbling on it, it should be all gone in an hour or so! I'm thinking how yummy orange, lime and grapefruit varities would be. I served this with orange strawberry sippers, spicy bacon twist(i reviewed these too) and eggs. It was the best breakfast I'd made maybe ever!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.