Lemon Pudding Cake
My husband, Lloyd, loves this cake because it tastes like lemon meringue pie. The cake is no-fuss and makes just enough for the two of us.—Dawn Fagerstrom, Warren, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 large egg, separated, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Optional: Confectioners' sugar, lemon slices and whipped cream,
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, beat egg yolk. Add sugar, milk, flour, lemon juice, zest and salt; beat until smooth. Beat egg white until stiff peaks form; gently fold into lemon mixture. Pour into 2 ungreased 6-oz. custard cups (cups will be very full).
- Place the cups in an 8-in. square baking pan. Pour boiling water into pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and top is golden, 40-45 minutes. If desired, top with confectioners' sugar, lemon slices and whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 288 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 112mg cholesterol, 200mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (51g sugars, 0 fiber), 5g protein.
Feb 25, 2020
Can this be made ahead of time and refrigerated?
Feb 11, 2016
This pudding cake is delicious. It makes just enough for 2 people but you will probably want to double recipe as one is just not enough sometimes!!