Lemon Pudding Cake
My husband, Lloyd, loves this cake since it tastes like lemon meringue pie. It's little fuss and makes just enough for the two of us.—Dawn Fagerstrom, Warren, Minnesota
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 1 large egg, separated, room temperature
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Whipped cream, confectioners' sugar and lemon slices, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°. In a bowl, beat egg yolk. Add sugar, milk, flour, lemon juice, zest and salt; beat until smooth. Beat egg white until stiff peaks form; gently fold into lemon mixture. Pour into two ungreased 6-oz. custard cups (cups will be very full).
- Place the cups in an 8-in. square baking pan. Pour boiling water into pan to a depth of 1 in. Bake until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean and top is golden, 40-45 minutes. If desired, top with confectioners' sugar and lemon slices and serve with whipped cream.