Lemon ‘n’ Lime Strawberry Ice
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + freezing
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon shredded orange zest
- 2 teaspoons shredded lemon zest
- 1-1/2 teaspoons shredded lime zest
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 4 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- In a small saucepan, combine the first 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-6 minutes or until slightly thickened. Strain; discard peels. Add juices to the syrup; cool slightly.
- Place half of the juice mixture and 2 cups strawberries in a blender; cover and pulse until nearly smooth. Pour into a 2-qt. freezer container. Repeat with remaining juice mixture and berries.
- Cover and freeze 12 hours or overnight, stirring several times. Ice may be frozen for up to 3 months. Just before serving, break apart with a large spoon.
Nutrition Facts2/3 cup: 173 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 2mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (39g sugars, 3g fiber), 1g protein.
Sep 27, 2015
Great use of abundance of fresh picked strawberries. Used some as a dessert and some as a margarita mix.
Jan 14, 2013
Add margarita mix for a delicious strawberry margarita!
Aug 2, 2012
This is great but I did't use the sugar, used a sugar free substitute , Awesome!
Aug 29, 2011
This was one of the best desserts I've ever made. I was shocked at how much flavor there was for this recipe to be so simple.