Lemon-Garlic Grilled Chicken
Such a simple mix of herbs adds so much tasty flavor to this yummy chicken. You can either through it on the grill or bake it.—Donna Leuw, Calgary, Alberta
Total TimePrep: 5 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the first five ingredients; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for up to 1 hour.
- Drain and discard marinade. Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 172 calories, 8g fat (1g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 55mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 23g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Originally published as Lemon-Garlic Grilled Chicken in Country Woman July/August 1997