- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1 cup warm milk (110° to 115°)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 5 to 5-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Add the milk, butter, pudding mix, eggs and 3 cups flour; beat until smooth. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; divide in half. Shape into loaves. Place in two greased 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 2 loaves.
Reviews forLemon Easter Bread
"I made the dough in my bread machine and baked it at 350 degrees. The texture was great and it looks beautiful. It made one large loaf and two a little bit smaller in disposable loaf pans. I think it needs a bit more lemon flavor and certainly some salt. I'll make it again adding some of each. I added about 1 cup of golden raisins and maybe next time I'll try dried cranberries or cherries. I plan to try this with coconut pudding mix, and maybe cheesecake or butterscotch. There are lots of options."
"Love this ,,, I add some lemon rind and orange rind to the mixture also.. And use the juice and rind from both for frosting. It is sooo delish. Gone in my house in no time"
"any chance this can be made in a 2# bread machine?"