I love lasagna and garlic bread, so it only made sense to put them together in these fun little cups. Have one as an appetizer or two for a meal! —Angelique Douglas, Maryville, Illinois
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 individual lasagna noodles
- 1/2 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 cup meatless pasta sauce
- 1/3 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tubes (8 ounces each) refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 cups shredded Italian cheese blend or cheddar cheese
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cook lasagna noodles according to package directions. Drain and rinse with water; cut each noodle into six squares.
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble turkey over medium heat until no longer pink, 5-7 minutes. Stir in sauce, cottage cheese and garlic powder; bring to a boil. Remove from heat.
- Unroll both tubes of crescent dough; separate each into eight triangles. Press each triangle onto bottom and up sides of a greased muffin cup. Layer each with 1 tablespoon cheese, one noodle piece and 1 rounded tablespoon meat sauce (discard extra noodle pieces). Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake on a lower oven rack until crust is golden brown, 15-20 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pan. Top with tomatoes. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lasagna Cups in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017
Reviews forLasagna Cups
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2017
"The flavor is delicious and it was fun to have all of the traditional lasagna elements inside a crescent roll crust."