Muffin-Tin Chicken Potpies
I made these personalized chicken pot pies in muffin tins for my kids, and they gobbled them up. For the record, the grown-ups did, too! —Melissa Haines, Valparaiso, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (about 15 ounces)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 tubes (6 ounces each) small refrigerated flaky biscuits (5 count)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; saute celery and onion until tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in vegetables, soup, milk and seasonings; heat through, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken; remove from heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit into a 5-in. circle. Press each onto the bottom and up sides of a greased muffin cup, allowing edges to extend above cup. Fill with about 3 tablespoons chicken mixture. Pull up edges of dough and fold partway over filling, pleating as needed.
- Bake until golden brown and filling is bubbly, 15-18 minutes. Cool 1 minute before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 mini potpies: 330 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 1049mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Originally published as Chicken Pot Pie In A Muffin Tin! in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2018
Mar 16, 2019
Halved the recipe for four servings, and put in 6" ramekins. Result was tasteless - maybe needed a lot more seasoning. Will not make again.
Jan 25, 2019
Made these for my first time and they turned out perfect! Definitely going to do again