Muffin-Tin Chicken Potpies
I made these personalized chicken pot pies in muffin tins for my kids, and they gobbled them up. For the record, the grown-ups did, too! —Melissa Haines, Valparaiso, Indiana
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups frozen mixed vegetables (about 15 ounces)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 4 tubes (6 ounces each) small refrigerated flaky biscuits (5 count)
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; saute celery and onion until tender, 4-5 minutes. Stir in vegetables, soup, milk and seasonings; heat through, stirring occasionally. Stir in chicken; remove from heat.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each biscuit into a 5-in. circle. Press each onto the bottom and up sides of a greased muffin cup, allowing edges to extend above cup. Fill with about 3 tablespoons chicken mixture. Pull up edges of dough and fold partway over filling, pleating as needed.
- Bake until golden brown and filling is bubbly, 15-18 minutes. Cool 1 minute before serving.
Nutrition Facts2 mini potpies: 330 calories, 12g fat (4g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 1049mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Mar 16, 2019
Halved the recipe for four servings, and put in 6" ramekins. Result was tasteless - maybe needed a lot more seasoning. Will not make again.
Jan 25, 2019
Made these for my first time and they turned out perfect! Definitely going to do again