Take this dish along to your next potluck supper, and don't be surprised when there isn't a morsel left over—it's that good! It's also a unique way to serve lasagna. —Beverly Austin, Fulton, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Process cottage cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add to beef with tomato paste, water and seasonings; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, flour and salt. Pour 1/3 cup batter into a greased 9-in. skillet, tilting to cover the bottom of the pan. When set and lightly browned, flip the pancake to brown the other side. Remove from pan and place on paper towel; repeat with remaining batter.
- Place one pancake in 10-in. pie plate. Spread with one-fourth of the meat mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers with remaining pancakes and ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with remaining Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 395 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Originally published as Pancake Lasagna in Country Ground Beef
Jun 13, 2016
I loved this recipe the pancakes make the lasagna a very light meal.
Mar 24, 2016
I made this tonight, and my family LOVED it!! We felt it was actually better than the classic kind! And it was so easy and quick to make.
Aug 25, 2015