Take this dish along to your next potluck supper, and don't be surprised when there isn't a morsel left over—it's that good! It's also a unique way to serve lasagna. —Beverly Austin, Fulton, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup 4% cottage cheese
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Process cottage cheese in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add to beef with tomato paste, water and seasonings; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, flour and salt. Pour 1/3 cup batter into a greased 9-in. skillet, tilting to cover the bottom of the pan. When set and lightly browned, flip the pancake to brown the other side. Remove from pan and place on paper towel; repeat with remaining batter.
- Place one pancake in 10-in. pie plate. Spread with one-fourth of the meat mixture, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers with remaining pancakes and ingredients, ending with the cheeses. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Serve with remaining Parmesan.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 395 calories, 19g fat (10g saturated fat), 147mg cholesterol, 864mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 35g protein.
Jun 13, 2016
I loved this recipe the pancakes make the lasagna a very light meal.
Mar 24, 2016
I made this tonight, and my family LOVED it!! We felt it was actually better than the classic kind! And it was so easy and quick to make.
Aug 25, 2015