- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews forLara's Tender Gingersnaps
"Haven't tried yet but not sure about the recipe calling for melted butter rather than softened like all other gingersnaps recipes I've seen and tried. Am going with softened and keeping fingers crossed."
"Oh. My. Goodness. The last batch of these is still baking in the oven, but I had to get on here and rate these wonderful cookies! Soft, chewy, and full of fabulous spicy flavor!!! I will make these again and again."
"Delicious! I was out of cloves and used margarine instead of butter, but these turned out great! They didn't flatten out as much as in the picture but are a good balance of crunchy outside and soft chewy inside."
"Absolutely delicious cookie"
"Wonderful recipe. Kathy Biehn, do you think it was you'r baking and not the recipe. Alot of amazing reviews except yours."
"These are so good!! Perfect amount of spices and crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside."
"These gingersnaps are exactly what I was looking for. Perfect level of spice, and wonderful, chewy consistency. I don't like a crunchy ginger cookie, and I like a mild molasses flavor. These delivered on both chewiness and flavor balance. This is my new go-to!"
"Made a double batch and passed them out at work, parties, and to friends. I've never had so many compliments on a baked good! Even from people who normally don't care for ginger snaps!"
"First ginger cookie I ever made, love it!!! Yummier when warm. Thanks for sharing."
"good cookie (I did omit the cloves because we don't care for their flavor) and added some funfetti on top; they were a bit gooey, but maybe next time I'll try leaving them in the oven 1 more min."