Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 14-1/2 dozen
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs. Stir in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until cookie springs back when touched lightly. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies halfway into the melted chips; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 47 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Jul 3, 2018
A family favorite! I frost them with cream cheese frosting but they are excellent without !!
Dec 16, 2017
We really enjoyed the flavor of ginger with white chocolate. Very Tasty!
Dec 11, 2017
I made these today, Just 18 of them wrapped and put the rest of the cookie dough in the freezer for later,They are good, But mine didn't flatten out.. What did I do wrong?? I baked them for the 12 minutes. Please help,..
Dec 9, 2017
The cookies were great. Although I prefer a bit more spice. Thanks for the hint of melting the white chocolate chips I a small crock pot was so much easier and don't have worry about them Just don't use shortening.
Dec 8, 2017
I have been baking these delicious cookies for many years. The house smells so good when they are baking. I highly recommend them.
Oct 29, 2017
These cookies are a hit where ever I serve them, with or without being dipped!
Jun 18, 2017
I've been making those cookies for year. The addition of white chocolate totally blew me away."
Jan 17, 2017
My husband enjoys these spicy cookies with or without the coating
Oct 1, 2016
These are the best Ginger snaps I have ever made. My family is crazy about them. They like them without the dip but at Christmas i always dip them.
Nov 30, 2015
How many cookie recipe has been posted?
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.