Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 10 min./batch + cooling
- 2 cups sugar
- 1-1/2 cups canola oil
- 2 large Eggland's Best eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Additional sugar
- 2 packages (10 to 12 ounces each) white baking chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. Beat in eggs. Stir in molasses. Combine the flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls and roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° until cookies spring back when touched lightly, 10-12 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip cookies halfway into the melted chips or drizzle with mixture; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 47 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 44mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2018
The cookies were really easy to make and turned out great! However , melting the chocolate chips in the microwave did not work even though I checked and stirred it evert 15 seconds, it was hard. I then tried to save it by melting it in pot and that didn't work either, so I had to throw it out. I should have read all the reviews and melted the chips in a crock pot. I was very disappointed as the picture of these looked so nice and I was making them for a friend get-together.
Dec 7, 2018
I made these for an office Christmas Cookie Bake-Off and won!! I used one bag of white chocolate chips for dipping and a bag of carmel chips for drizzling, then sprinkled them with gold sugar. They were beautiful and deliciously chewy! These will be my signature Christmas cookie from now on!
Nov 13, 2018
We make these every Christmas - they are a staple in our house! Instead of dipping the gingersnaps, we drizzle them with a thick icing glaze. They are pretty AND delicious!
Jul 3, 2018
A family favorite! I frost them with cream cheese frosting but they are excellent without !!
Dec 16, 2017
We really enjoyed the flavor of ginger with white chocolate. Very Tasty!
Dec 11, 2017
I made these today, Just 18 of them wrapped and put the rest of the cookie dough in the freezer for later,They are good, But mine didn't flatten out.. What did I do wrong?? I baked them for the 12 minutes. Please help,..
Dec 9, 2017
The cookies were great. Although I prefer a bit more spice. Thanks for the hint of melting the white chocolate chips I a small crock pot was so much easier and don't have worry about them Just don't use shortening.
Dec 8, 2017
I have been baking these delicious cookies for many years. The house smells so good when they are baking. I highly recommend them.
Oct 29, 2017
These cookies are a hit where ever I serve them, with or without being dipped!
Jun 18, 2017
I've been making those cookies for year. The addition of white chocolate totally blew me away."