Total TimePrep: 40 min. Bake: 70 min. + cooling
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size), divided
- 1 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 can (29 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup crushed gingersnap cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Additional gingersnap cookies, halved, optional
- Set aside 3/4 cup cake mix for topping. In a small bowl, combine gingersnap crumbs and remaining cake mix; stir in butter and egg. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13x9-in. baking dish; set aside.
- For filling, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs. Beat in the pumpkin, milk, cinnamon and vanilla and mix well. Pour over crust.
- For topping, in a small bowl, combine the gingersnap crumbs, sugar and reserved cake mix; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in pecans. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 325° for 70-75 minutes or until filling is set and a thermometer inserted in the center reads 160°. Cool on a wire rack for 1-1/2 hours. If desired, garnish each serving with a gingersnap half. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 430 calories, 25g fat (11g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 425mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 4g fiber), 6g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 1, 2014
I have made this dessert for several parties and gatherings over the years, and each time people have asked me for the recipe. It is perfect and easy to make. One of my top dishes to make during the fall.
Jan 1, 2012
This was one time I really needed a food processor (to grind the gingersnaps). I was looking for something different to make with pumpkin, and this was a wonderful dessert.
Dec 4, 2011
It was very fluffy. The topping was awesome. It wasn't overly sweet. The gingersnap as a garnish actually tasted so good with the dessert, we crunched up more to go on top. I really loved the cake-like crust so much better than the typical crusts on desserts. Everyone loved it. I will definitely make this again!
Feb 23, 2011
I made this for a Halloween party, everyone loved it! I was asked to make it again this weekend for a fundraiser.
Nov 20, 2009
Great reviews when served. I think you could use less butter in the topping.
Nov 15, 2009
I made this for a church meeting and everybody raved about it! It is very good.
Nov 7, 2009
I've tried alot of pumpkin dessert recipes, and this one is by far the best one yet. I'll never bake a pumpkin pie again. Very Very good!!
Oct 12, 2009
I have made this several times. Everyone that tastes it raves about how go it is, and wants the recipe. It is very easy to put together. Cookie lady Pace,Fl.