Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min./batch
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 tablespoon cold strong brewed coffee
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Melted semisweet chocolate and chopped crystallized ginger, optional
- In a large bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar until light and fluffy, 5-7 minutes; set remaining sugar aside. Beat molasses and coffee into creamed mixture. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves and salt; add to creamed mixture until well combined (dough will be soft).
Cover and freeze for 15 minutes. Shape dough into a 7-in. roll; flatten to 1-in. thickness. Wrap and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap dough and cut into 1/8-in. slices; place 2 in. apart on parchment-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with reserved sugar. Bake 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. If desired, dip cookies in melted chocolate and sprinkle with ginger.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 33 calories, 1g fat (1g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 28mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Jun 1, 2014
This is one of my favorite cookie recipes. Easy to make and very tasty .
May 31, 2011
WARNING: this recipe needs to be frozen overnight so make sure you leave yourself enough time to prepare! Very tasty and nice crispy texture. I'm sure to make them again.