Lara’s Tender Gingersnaps
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 cup sugar
- In a large bowl, beat brown sugar and butter until blended. Beat in egg and molasses. Combine the flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon and cloves; gradually add to brown sugar mixture and mix well (dough will be stiff). Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape dough into 1 in. balls. Roll in sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie: 99 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 67mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Feb 22, 2018
Haven't tried yet but not sure about the recipe calling for melted butter rather than softened like all other gingersnaps recipes I've seen and tried. Am going with softened and keeping fingers crossed.
Dec 2, 2017
Oh. My. Goodness. The last batch of these is still baking in the oven, but I had to get on here and rate these wonderful cookies! Soft, chewy, and full of fabulous spicy flavor!!! I will make these again and again.
Jul 16, 2017
Delicious! I was out of cloves and used margarine instead of butter, but these turned out great! They didn't flatten out as much as in the picture but are a good balance of crunchy outside and soft chewy inside.
Nov 23, 2016
Absolutely delicious cookie
Oct 1, 2016
Wonderful recipe. Kathy Biehn, do you think it was you'r baking and not the recipe. Alot of amazing reviews except yours.
Sep 11, 2016
These are so good!! Perfect amount of spices and crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside.
Sep 3, 2016
These gingersnaps are exactly what I was looking for. Perfect level of spice, and wonderful, chewy consistency. I don't like a crunchy ginger cookie, and I like a mild molasses flavor. These delivered on both chewiness and flavor balance. This is my new go-to!
Dec 27, 2015
Made a double batch and passed them out at work, parties, and to friends. I've never had so many compliments on a baked good! Even from people who normally don't care for ginger snaps!
Dec 15, 2015
First ginger cookie I ever made, love it!!! Yummier when warm. Thanks for sharing.
Nov 26, 2015
good cookie (I did omit the cloves because we don't care for their flavor) and added some funfetti on top; they were a bit gooey, but maybe next time I'll try leaving them in the oven 1 more min.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.