Gooey Caramel-Topped Gingersnaps
Making these cookies is therapeutic for me. I often watch a movie while I put them together. I take a lot of cookies to fundraisers, and these gingersnaps are quite popular. If you'd like, you can make variations by changing the cookie base or varying the nuts. —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + standing
- 42 gingersnap cookies
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/4 cup 2% milk or heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- 12 ounces white or dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- Chocolate jimmies or finely chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- Arrange cookies in a single layer on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. In a microwave, melt caramels with milk; stir until smooth. Stir in 1 cup chopped peanuts. Spoon about 1 teaspoon caramel mixture over each cookie; refrigerate until set.
- Dip each cookie halfway into candy coating; allow excess to drip off. Return to baking sheet; sprinkle with jimmies. Refrigerate until set.
Nutrition Facts1 cookie (calculated without jimmies): 128 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 1mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Originally published as Summer Cookies in Cookies & Candies 2014 Bookazine