When I anticipate a busy day during the holiday season, I make this cookie dough the night before. The next day, I just slice and bake. —Eileen Milacek, Waukomis, Oklahoma
Recommended: 40 Recipes You Won’t Believe Are Dairy-Free
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup finely chopped red and green candied cherries
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in milk and vanilla. Stir in flour, cherries and pecans. Shape into tow 8-in. logs. Sprinkle the coconut over waxed paper; place each log on waxed paper and roll in coconut. Wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap dough and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 5 dozen.
Originally published as Jeweled Coconut Crisps in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p91