Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2-2/3 cups sweetened shredded coconut, chopped
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup finely chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- Colored jimmies or coarse sugar, optional
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut, confectioners' sugar, milk, almonds, butter and vanilla. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Roll into 1-in. balls; place on waxed paper-lined pans. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Dip balls in chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Return to waxed paper-lined pans. Sprinkle with jimmies or coarse sugar if desired. Refrigerate until firm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 274 calories, 17g fat (11g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 70mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Jan 11, 2017
Tasted just like my Nanny's from 50 years ago!
Nov 16, 2013
wonderful recipe really easy now they are a family favorite & a christmas must have.
Mar 6, 2012
Very simple to make, My whole family loved them. I well add to my recipe list with a star!
Dec 23, 2011
Very easy and very good.
Dec 23, 2011
Great recipe! Very easy and very good!