Total TimePrep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min./batch
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla. Combine coffee and flour; stir into creamed mixture and mix well. Chill. Shape into 3/4-in. balls and place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, for glaze, melt butter and chocolate together. Add melted mixture to sugar along with milk; beat until smooth. Frost cookies while still warm.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 114 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 66mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Nov 22, 2013
These cookie are great! I make then every year for my thanksgiving trays and always get great reviews. great flavor. I do however cut down on the cook time to about 15 min.
Feb 20, 2013
One of my favorite cookie recipes of all times!!! I make them every Christmas...would be too dangerous to make them more often!
Nov 29, 2012
My family loves these cookies! Make sure to use the larger instant coffee granules (like Foldgers) instead of the smaller instant coffee granules (like Via), otherwise they turn out WAY too strong, even for me (and I love coffee).
Dec 27, 2010
These cookies were OK but nothing great.